Supporting Oral Hygiene and Disease Prevention
Dental hygienists are skilled healthcare professionals who play a vital role in keeping teeth and gums healthy. They are dedicated to helping you maintain good oral hygiene and preventing the occurrence of diseases and disorders in the mouth, such as gum disease (periodontitis).
Oral Hygiene is Vital for a Healthy Body
The mouth is the gateway to the body’s digestive and respiratory tracts and if bad bacteria enters the body it can lead to a wide variety of diseases and health complications. HSORC Dental Hygienists are dedicated to helping you maintain good oral hygiene and prevent the occurrence of diseases and disorders in the mouth, such as gum disease (periodontitis).
- Gum disease is a very common condition, which is often caused by plaque or poor oral hygiene.
- Initial symptoms include sore or bleeding gums, painful chewing, pus and bad breath.
- If left untreated, it can eventually lead to tooth loss or damage to the bone supporting the teeth.
- It can increase chances of respiratory diseases, heart disease or strokes.
What Dental Hygienist Treatment Options Are Available?
What At-Home Practices Can Help Maintain Good Oral Hygiene?
What Does A Dental Hygienist Appointment Involve?
During your appointment, our dental hygienists will work with you to build a unique preventative health care treatment programme that fits your needs. They will provide educational information on maintaining a high standard of oral hygiene and check the teeth and gums for any signs of disease.
The main goal of the appointment is to conduct a thorough teeth clean and provide oral hygiene guidance. They may also complete tasks such as applying fluoride, filling any cracks or fissures and taking X-rays. The appointment usually takes one hour, but can be longer or shorter depending on the individual need.
- Scaling is the removal of bacteria and tartar from the teeth and gums using scaling tools or a laser.
- Root planing is the smoothing of the root surfaces in order to help prevent the build-up of bacteria and tartar and remove the bacteria that is causing the gum inflammation.
- Stain removal is considered to be therapeutic and aids in an individual’s emotional wellbeing.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
To learn more about how we can work together to achieve your goals please contact us.