Our team of dedicated dental professionals are passionate about providing excellent patient care. We do everything possible to ensure a successful dental visit with a lasting outcome. During your visit, we take the time to give you a high-quality experience. Our dental team offers professional guidance and advice on oral hygiene and techniques to keep your teeth as healthy as possible.
We follow strict dental practices, ensuring consistent care standards for our patients in a safe and supportive environment. Each patient receives individualised dental care that recognise your unique needs and goals. Our high standards ensure that we deliver an optimised treatment plan and results for your individual oral health and wellbeing.
Every treatment we perform is completed in a professional and skilled way, using the most up-to-date technological advances. Whether you are visiting us for a routine check-up, dental hygienist therapy, cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry, orthodontic treatment or something else, our highly qualified team will provide you with premium patient care.
At the Harley Street Oral Reconstruction Centre, we ensure you know how to care for your oral health after leaving our dental practice. Following active treatment, aftercare and maintenance are often overlooked, which is why we place an emphasis on post-treatment care for patients. We provide guidance and protocols to help you maintain the treatment results long-term by providing individualised aftercare instructions and follow-up. Aftercare and maintenance are extremely important to minimise long-term complications which may occur due to biofilms, inflammation and/or material fatigue.
To help us achieve and maintain this success, there are several things that we encourage you to do before and after your treatment at the Harley Street Oral Reconstruction Centre.
Please review the following steps before visiting us for any treatment:
- Let us know about any medication you are taking and any medical conditions you have.
- Inform us if you are taking any blood thinning or anticoagulant drugs (such as Aspirin, Warfarin or Clopidogrel). You may have to stop or alter these medications before undergoing certain types of treatment.
- Tell us if you have a cold, flu or feel unwell.
- For longer procedures, or treatments that involve sedation or general anaesthetic, it is advisable to wear loose, comfortable clothing, tie back long hair back and avoid wearing contact lenses.
- Please ensure your mouth and teeth are clean to help avoid infection and help us provide better treatment. A Chlorhexidine-containing mouthwash is useful before oral surgery or periodontal surgery.
- If you are having sedation, do not have anything to eat or drink for at least 6 hours prior to your appointment. If you need to take medication, please ask for advice from the clinic staff as to when you need to take it. After sedation, it is recommended that a friend or family member accompanies you home.
After completing any treatments or procedures, the dental team at the Harley Street Oral Reconstruction Centre may:
- Provide you with any information you need to be aware of regarding postoperative care. This may be in the form of information sheets, which we encourage you to read thoroughly to promote maximum success of the treatment. Please look at the information sheets provided below for various procedures.
- Give you prescription drugs if necessary. We provide these drugs alongside guidance on when to take them, the dosage amount and any applicable medication warnings.
- Advise you to use a Chlorhexidine mouthwash at least twice a day (unless a different mouthwash is advised on the day of treatment) and hot saltwater mouthwashes throughout the day, following surgical treatment.
- Recommend normal brushing of the teeth and care of the gums prior to using a mouthwash.
- Suggest applying a gauze pack with gentle pressure if there is any bleeding following surgery. The gauze pack should be moistened with hot water and held in place against the impacted area (by biting on it) for 10 to 15 minutes. Please phone the clinic for advice if bleeding persists despite applying pressure.
Aftercare: If You Need, Give Us A Call
Please contact us for further information or if you are unclear about any of the post-treatment guidance or would like more details on patient care at our practice. Harley Street Oral Reconstruction Centre Patients can also download specific Aftercare Guides here:
Nursing care – Please pass on my sincere thanks to the Nurse for her excellent care. That lady deserves a medal.
Longstanding patient of Surgeon – cannot speak highly enough of him and his colleagues and their level of care.
I can’t speak more highly about the high standards of care I always receive. Could not be better.
Every inch of the treatment area is spotlessly clean and hygienic. It couldn’t be better. I must just add my thanks to the charming anaesthetist for taking so much care. He is lovely, caring and kind.
First class. I received excellent advice and care from my consultant. My nurse gave me wonderful attention together with compassion. I could not have asked for more.
Couldn’t possibly improve on the professional care and help of all the staff, nurses and consultants. Thank you so much.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
To learn more about how we can work together to achieve your goals please contact us.